Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Day Two Hundred and Sixty: Blue Books

Blue Books:  June 17, 2009
Faced with a stack of American literature exams to grade, I turn to photography. I hate grading. I love teaching, but I dread grading exams and essays every semester. The thing is, it is almost never as hard as I feel like it's going to be, but I can't get over that feeling of dread. I just can't come up with a workable and ethical way to teach literature or writing that will allow me not to grade anything.

Exams to be graded
Just for good measure, here's a self-portrait of me in the middle of grading. That look on my face is the look of someone who is so done with grading but who still has a stack of exams to grade.

Tired

1 comment:

surrealtrees said...
This comment has been removed by the author.