Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sophie's gone.

The vet said six months ago that she probably wouldn't last much longer. During those six months, Sophie was skinny and weak but still cuddly and playful and interested in things. Last night she was more wobbly than usual and this morning I found her lying awkwardly by the window breathing hard and drooling a lot. She was clearly in pain, so I took her to the vet. The vet examined her and said her body was shutting down and she was trying to go.

I expected that this would be her last vet trip, but it was still really hard to see her go. At least this time I know did everything right. I took good care of her and didn't let her live in pain. I already miss her lots, though. Usually when I'm sad I cuddle up with Sophie and she helps me feel better. :-(

Sunbeam:  August 2, 2009Love, love me do!Sophie StareSophie Loves Me

No comments: